Complete the sentences with these words.
Words: back, height, keep, passing, start, statement, world
1. Jake reads fashion magazines to ___________ with the latest trends and big news.
2. Nobody will be wearing those sunglasses next year. They’re just a ___________fashion.
3. I remember when long skirts were the ___________ of fashion.
4. This suit may be old-fashioned now, but eventually it will be ___________in fashion.
5. That hairstyle is unusual, but maybe you will ___________a new fashion with it.
6. This watch is not only reliable, but also makes a fashion ____________.
7. Doing a degree is just one of several ways to get a job in the ____________ of fashion.
Match the halves to make sentences.
1. John is always buying the latest designer clothes. He’s a real _____________.
2. This restaurant is one fo the few that’s been successful. It’s managed to ____________.
3. Everyone’s wearing these trainers at the moment. They’re ______________.
4. Smart clothing may not be fashionable yet, but I’ve heard it’s…………………..
5. Next year, forecasters predict that hippy fashion will be ____________.
6. Sushi restaurants are everywhere, but not long ago, they were hardly________________.
a. All the rage.
b. Slave to fashion.
c. Back in vogue
d. The next big thing.
e. On the radar.
f. Buck the trend.