Welcome back to another listening, everyone! This is an IELTS-style type of listening. And before we get into it, I want to first go over a skill. While listening, don’t just write the first ‘possible’ answer that seems to fit the gap as this may be a distractor. Listen carefully: does the speaker give other information that may provide a better answer? Now, in saying that, let’s get into it.
– Silvia describes the accommodation as (1) _________
– She hadn’t expected to collect so much (2) _________ from the beach.
– She admits to needing more (3) _________ when she constructed the fences.
– She describes the researchers’ efforts to save the seals as (4) _________.
– Silvia’s team leader sometimes asked her to take on the role of (5) ___________.
– She is surprised at the number of (6) _________ which developed during the time on the island.
– She admits to feeling nervous about the (7) ________ at the end of the week.
– Silvia uses the word (8) _________ to convey her feelings about her time on the conservation program.Gateway c1