Welcome back to another live coaching, everyone! Whether you’re reading this particular blog before tomorrow’s live or at the time of the live….I’m grateful to be bringing you a number of different segments today.
So, I want to make a quick point of order. Today we’ll be going over complex vocabulary terms, driving, transportation in different countries, etc. In next week’s live, we’ll be talking about why we go on holiday and I’m hoping to bring on a student for the live episode.
The Patreon special, which I’ve mentioned before (link down below), will be about listening, how to describe a country you would like to visit and a place you’ve been on holiday. You will hear a student explain Malaysia, along with some pronunciation cues. Exam listening will be the follow-up on Patreon, too, so if you’re not already on my Patreon, I suggest you reach out to me ASAP!
- How many different forms of transport can you see in the photo?
2. Which form of transport do you most often use on a daily basis?
3. Which form of transport is th emost popular in your town/city?
4. Which of these forms of transport has the most benefits?
Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
breakdown collision congestion overtake cycle lanes overtake park and ride pedestrian crossings rush hour subsidized traffic calming measures
- Parking in the city is a nightmare but the local council is planning to introduce a ________ scheme next year.
- My city has recently introduced special _______ for us which makes the journey so much quicker as we don’t have to worry about cars or pedestrians.
- It can be quite difficult and dangerous as there are no _______ and it’s a very busy road.
- Last month I had a _______ on that busy roundabout. I had to call someone out to recover my vehicle.
- Car drivers can be so selfish; they always try to _______ and rarely give you enough room — I was knocked off once!
- I find it very frustrating when there’s a lot of ______ I can get quite impatient.
- The downside is it can get very crowded during the _____ and it’s difficult to get a seat.
- It’s quick and reliable and because Io’m a student I get a _________ fare.
- It can be quite dangerous as so many cars speed on the main road; they need to introduce some _________.