Trap 3: Beware Neglect
It’s easy to neglect the important people and things in our lives when we get overcommitted or overreach. Perhaps that’s why this is one of the most important chapters in the book. Read it twice. Trust me. No one wants to wake up and realize they took their eye off what matters.
- An area where I am neglecting someone or something important in my life is . . .
Being true to my commitments, would be mine. But how about you? Someone you consistently put off who you love?
- An area where that neglect will cause me regret later on is . . .
- An area where I can return my focus, reallocating my attention to things that matter, is…
- Some areas in my life where I feel overcommitted right now are . . .
- The things I need to learn to say no to more often are . . .
- An opportunity I really want to chase right now that I could schedule to revisit in few
months is . . .
- The main things moving the needle toward my success that I should be focused on right
now, despite all the other exciting interests and opportunities I could chase, are . . .
- The way I’ll remind myself not to take on too much is . . .