We’re back! It’s been SO LONG! Ha! The listening portion was on a hiatus, but with google rankings and blog views skyrocketing, I have some special treats for you coming. Today we’re going to be doing a Listening Part C with a comprehensive breakdown, so let’s get into it!
- In which course would this lecture probably be given?
- water sports
- American history
2. What is the most likely meaning of the expression “to clip along?”
- to cut
- to move fast
- to steer a boat
- to build a ship
3. What were clipper ships first used for in the United States?
- to bring tea from China
- to transport gold to California
- to trade with the British
- to sail the American river system
4. What does the professor remind the students about?
- a reading assignment
- a quiz on Friday
- a research paper for the end of the semester
- some written homework