Welcome to another wonderful TOEFL iTP Written Expression rundown! In today’s episode I’ll be covering 7 questions, followed by the additional 5 that you’ll be answering. Remember to follow me on IG to get the answers!
- The wavelengths of ultraviolet light are short than those of visible light but longer than those of X-rays.
2. All thoroughbreds are descended from three Arabian stallion imported into England between 1689 and 1724.
3. By measuring the rate of decay of potassium isotopes in volcanic ash, scientists can date the layers of volcanic ash and any human remains in they.
4. Hundreds of partial to complete fossil skeletons of Triceratops have been gather in North america from rocks of the late Cretaceous period.
5. By the time of the dinosaurs, turtles have already developed the hard shell into which their heads and legs could be drawn.
6. A zoom lens produces an inverted real image, either on the film in a camera and on the light-sensitive tube of a television camera.
7. The leaves and young twigs of the henna plant are grounded into a powder to produce a paste that can be used as a dye.
8. Thirty-one pairs of spinal nerves are / present in humans, and each pair have two roots.
9. William Randolph Hearst built a chain of newspapers that included 25 dailies and 11 Sunday editions at their peak in 1937.
10. The electromagnetic spectrum consists in / bands of different wavelengths.
11. Lemon trees are similar in longevity and appear to orange trees but have more upright growth.
12. Christopher Columbus, alike / many / other explorers, underestimated the size of the Earth and overestimated the width of Asia.