- The things that cause me the most amount of tension each day are….
- A way I can remind myself to release that tension throughout that day is….
- If I felt more energy I would be more likely to
- When I reset my energy everyday with this practice, I’d like to start the next activity like….
So, throughout the day, we experience a number of transitions. Let me give you an example. When I wake up and do 30-90 flights of stairs in my condo — before I do that, there’s a transition.
- Before I go to the gym
- After I go to the gym
- Before I go to work
- After I finish work
- Between classes
- Activities such as getting on a call
These are all transitions, and we have a tendency of carrying things from one activity to another. Ask yourself these questions…
- Do you ever carry any negative energy from one activity to the next?
- Do you feel depleted but still plough through activities?
- Are you losing a sense of presence and appreciation for life and others the further you go throughout the day?
To overcome the depletion and tension, do a releasing activity to release yourself mind, spirit, back, legs, muscles, EVERYTHING….from all the tension you may have experienced. Inhale for 6 seconds and exhale for 4 while saying “RELEASE”. Brendan Burchard’s YouTube video is down below for a longer release.
I did this before my workout and I realized I had one of the greatest workouts EVER. I did it when I got off the last train before getting to my condo and I had an amazing sleep. I did this before having a class with one of my students and we ended up having an AMAZING class.
Then, don’t forget to set INTENTION.
- What energy do I want to bring to the next activity?
- How can I do that with excellence?
- How can I enjoy listening to someone? How can I enjoy it even more? Such as writing notes, continue listening, grab a cup of coffee. Etc.