We’re back with the sentence break downs of parallel structures! This is the follow up from ______________.
- Frozen orange juice must be packed, _______________, and stored when the fruit is ripe.
- be frozen
- must be frozen
- it must be frozen
2. Sioux is a North American Indian language that is spoken not only ______________ Sioux but also by the Crow and Osage tribes.
3. In 1900 electrically powered cars were more popular than gasoline powered cars because they were quiet, operated smoothly, and ________________.
- handled easily
- easy of handling
- handling easily
- easy to handle
4. Roger Williams was a clergyman, _______________ the colony of Rhode Island, and an outspoken advocate of religious and political freedom.
- the founder of
- was the founder of
- he founded
5. Paint can be applied to a surface with rollers, _____________, or spray guns.
- brushes can be used
- with brushes
- by brush
6. The use of labor-saving devices in homes, _____________, and factories added to the amount of leisure time people had.
- at an office
- used in offices
- in offices
7. A dulcimer can be played by either striking its string with a hammer or ______________.
- to pluck them with the fingers
- fingers are used to pluck them
- they are plucked with the fingers
- plucking them with the fingers
8. Throughout history, trade routes have increased contact between people, _______________, and greatly affected the growth of civilization.
- have resulted in an exchange of ideas
- an exchange of ideas has resulted
- resulted in an exchange of ideas
- resulting in an exchange of ideas
9. Walt Disney made many technical advances in the use of sound, color, and ______________ in animated films.
- using photography
- use of photographs
10. Artist Paul Kane traveled throughout Northwest Canada on foot, by canoe, and _______________ to sketch Native Canadians going about their ordinary lives.
- on horseback
- riding a horse
- by a horse
11. Barbara Jordan was the first woman in the South to win an election to the House of Representatives, _________ as Congresswoman from Texas from 1973 to 1979.
- to serve
- has served
12. Photographers’ choice of a camera depends on what kind of pictures they want to take, how much control they want over exposure, and ___________ they want to spend.
- the amount of money
- what money
- how much money
- so much money that
13. Atlanta is the commercial, financial, and ______________ of Georgia.
- center of administration
- administrative center
- center for administering
- administering center
14. Even after the Revolutionary War, American importers obtained merchandise from Britain because British merchants understood American tastes, offered attractive prices, and _____________.
- easy credit was provided
- because of easy credit
- easy credit
- provided easy credit.