Here’s another developing vocabulary! Long, beautiful rant — given by me! Here are the words and the podcast in terms of what I’ll be discussing today.
- being excessively modest, or undervaluing oneself
- how one shows their feelings, thoughts or ideas, especially through music, art and writing
- the instinctive protection of oneself from harm, danger
- a lack of confidence in oneself and abilities
- having concern only for one’s own interests
- behavior in which a person does exactly what they want, often for the purpose of pleasure or through laziness
Complete the sentences with the phrases above
- feeling tired and stressed? Come to Happy Spa for a weekend of ___________ and relaxation.
- In some extreme cases, when comments have become very vicious, people have deleted their social media accounts as a means of __________.
- Many teenagers go through periods of ________________, and wonder who they are and how they fit in.
- I prefer people who make ______________ comments to people who take themselves too seriously.
- John says his haircut is a form of ________________, and no one should criticize her for it.
- Everything that Liam does is completely ________________– he just manipulates people to get what he wants.
- If friends make self-deprecating comments, how do you respond? Is it a good thing to frequently make these kinds of comments?
- What forms of self-expression can you think of? How do you express yourself?
- To what extent do you think people are self-serving?