Sometimes when we make phone calls with friends, we kind of just “wing” the conversation, meaning it’s just random chit chat. However, the reason why you don’t make phone calls in English, even putting them off, is because you’re afraid, right? I’ve been there. I was terrified of calling ANYONE about ANYTHING when I was younger, and in today’s podcast, I will give you some useful techniques for planning ahead.
When it comes to budget cuts, the Fat Cats — those who make all the money, including the CEOs managers and others that make a lot of money — are the ones that say “let’s fire employees” without any empathy. It’s ridiculous how some just fumble over their words. In today’s podcast, you’re going to hear a fat cat flip-flop on her words with zero empathy for those who are involved.
Another week; another TOEFL iTP Reading! In this week’s episode, we’re going to do another slate of vocabulary-in-context questions, and to be honest, this is a bit more difficult than last week. Get ready!
A SUPER session with one of my online coaching students! First, she came to me to buy my courses, and because the severity of the situation, she decided to buy a package of 10 coaching hours. Here’s our full session in terms of going over a Written Expression test. Hope you enjoy!
Another phenomenal session! So grateful to bring this to you today. In today’s podcast, we’re going to do an entire breakdown of a difficult passage. However, listen to my student navigate her way through the storms by me breaking everything down. This is going to be INCREDIBLY useful, so sit back and enjoy!
Wow, for the first time in my life, I had someone call me “thief,” which is totally untrue. The most important thing is how I reacted to the situation. Because this is my personal business, this could be a dire situation, but based on requests, actions, follow-up and repeating information from this particular client, it’s all about how you handle disgruntled clients.
Here’s is a great podcast/video on how to write an advantage and disadvantage essay. My student, who is a physician in Peru, submitted her first essay. As a token of my gratitude, I showed her a snippet of my course on how to structure an advantage/disadvantage essay.
If you’re interested in buying the full course, it’s $57 with 6 essay evaluations (for free), along with videos in each segment. Make sure you inquire today!
Nonetheless, looking forward to breaking this down for you!
A student of mine from Morocco is now doing a PHENOMENAL job in his speaking, and what it comes down to is his organization and slowing it down. In today’s podcast/video, listen to the great responses I give him, as well as feedback and things that he needs to improve on.
So grateful to bring you this amazing coaching session. First, I have a wonderful student from Saudi Arabia who had bought my TOEFL iTP Course, and shortly after, she bought some coaching hours. Because she’s 13 points away, she cannot afford another slip up, so in the first coaching session, I introduced EVERYTHING to her that will benefit her greatly. This is an amazing session going over misplaced modifiers, verb-agreement problems, parallel structures, adjective clauses, negative verbs and more!
All answers in video down below!
- Sharpe knives are actually safer to use _____
As dull ones As ones that are dull
- Than dull ones
- That are dull ones
Safer is a comparative adjective so it is comparing two different things/same things.
Formula for as is as + adjective + as
- Daniel Webster, Thaddeus Stevens, and many others _____ prominent in public life began their careers by teaching at a school.
They became Once they became Became
- Who became
Began = verb
You must have a relative pronoun if the sentence has two verbs.
- As coal mines became deeper, the problems of draining water, bringing in fresh air, and ______ to the surface increased.
- Transporting ore
- To transport ore
- How ore is transported
- Ore is transporting
Verb(ing) + noun
- ______ because of the complexity of his writing, Henry James never became a popular writer, but his works are admired by critics and other writers.
It may be
Why is it
- Piedmont glaciers are formed ______ several valley glaciers join and spread out over a plain.
- As late as 1890, Key West, with a population of 18,000, ______ Florida’s largest city.
That was To be
- A mastery of calculus depends on ______ of algebra.
- An understanding
- Is understood
- To understand
- _______ he was not a musician himself, Lawrence Hammond developed an electronic keyboard instrument called the Hammond organ.
- Agnes De Mille’s landmark musical play Oklahoma! was ________ of story, music, and dance.
- A successful combination
To combine successfully Successful combining
- ________ single dialect of American English has ever become dominant.
Not only a – correlative conjunction = not only…..but also
Nor a – correlative conjunction – neither — nor
- In 1837 the University of Michigan became the first state university ______ by a board of regents elected by the voters of the state.
Under the control It was controlled Being controlled
- To be controlled
- Indoor heating systems have made ________ for people to live and work comfortably in temperate climates.
It is possible
- It possible
- Certain fish eggs contain droplets of oil, ________ to float on the surface of the water.
- Allowing them
Allowsthem They are allowed
- Considered America’s first great architect, ___________.
- Many of the buildings at Harvard University were designed by Henry Hobson Richardson
- Henry Hobson Richardson designed many of the buildings at Harvard University
- Harvard University has many buildings that were designed by Henry Hobson Richardson
- It was Henry Hobson Richardson who designed many of the buildings at Harvard University
- ________ is caused by a virus was now known until 1911.
- That measles
- As measles
- What if measles
In business, there are certain ways to generate income when you’re dealing with a crisis. From a personal perspective, it sparks that creativity within one. However, we don’t always want to wait for a crisis to happen for us to be creative and act. In today’s podcast, we look at different ways, creativity, and what you’ve learned since the dawn of the pandemic.