This is definitely going to be one of the top podcasts of the year. While I was doing my personal development podcast, I came across an AMAZING technique that will help you with reacting to situations. In this podcast, I will inject some personal development into your lives that will help you understand your feelings, react to situations, and find a systematic way of breaking down a situation. This is very good not only for business but also for all relationships in general.
Welcome to a short podcast/video! Today I’m going to break down some grammar/vocabulary questions that you would see on a test — let alone this practice test! Again, if you’re interested in coaching or membership services, please reach out to me!
- Ms. Walters _______ to another branch, so your new financial advisor will be Mr. Merenda.
- has transferred
2. The restaurant on Main Street offers a wide selection of gourmet desserts ____ several regions of the world.
3. ________ interested in viewing an apartment should contact the property manager to arrange an appointment.
4. A growing _____ in the cosmetics industry is the use of natural and organic ingredients.
5. Because of its _____ melodies and upbeat rhythms, Toby Nathan’s music has broad appeal.
6. The park service asks visitors to behave _______ and show respect for wildlife.
7. It is not the company’s policy to grant sick leave ______ overtime pay to part-time employees.
8. The ______ of the Board of Directors is scheduled for Monday.
9. Last year, the number of new university-level textbooks _____ by American publishers dropped for the second year in a row.
10. Traffic congestion is ______ than usual because of road construction, so it will take us at least an hour to get to the meeting.
Answers on next page
Welcome to another Patreon special! For every essay my students submit, they get a video response. In this video, I talk about many parts of the essay and how she can improve her essay leading up to her TOEFL test in about 4 hours. Hear the breakdown!
When you go into meetings with potential customers, remember that it’s what the customer needs, not you boasting about your companies accomplishments. The customer really doesn’t care about your accomplishments and they may already know about you since they’re inquiring.
I say this with vigilance because I’ve been in a situation where I had to save a potential client by asking them the correct follow-up questions. So, how do I do it in my ESL business? Thailand? Tune in!
Boom! I do believe this could be the first PART III TOEIC Listening on my podcast. If it is, welcome to the party. In today’s podcast/video, we’re going to discuss how to paraphrase and predict in context so that you have an idea of what to listen for. Now, this technique may not work for everyone, but that’s why we’re going to try it and either thumb it up or down.
Match the statements 1-4 with those with a similar meaning a-d. (1-7 is in the video/podcast down below)
- You can run it with an AC adapter
- Look to see if they have the item
- The part wasn’t included
- Purchase an adapter
a. The adapter is missing
b. buy the part
c. check the parts stock
d. you can plug it into a socket
e. provide a replacement
f. the label is incorrect
g. it’s an expensive model
Follow up: now listen to three more statements in my podcast down below (5-7), and match them with the remaining three phrases with a similar meaning in e-g. Try underlining the words beforehand so that it could be a guide for you.
Test tactic: Pick out key words to predict the context
- What does the woman want to do?
- buy batteries for her CD player
- Purchase an adapter
- have a missing part replaced
- check the part is in stock
2. What does the man tell her?
- it doesn’t run on batteries
- the label is incorrect
- the adapter isn’t included
- she should buy another model
3. What does the man offer to do?
- order the item
- check the box label
- give her a new model
- include the adapter
For those of you who want some grammar review (lower levels will only be introduced on Patreon), it’s now available on my Business English Podcast Badge on my Patreon! The link is down below and it covers the basics. Remember, lots more is coming your way soon, so get ready because you guys are going to love it! $20 a month gets you all the templates and exclusivity!
Welcome back to another TOEFL iTP reading! I see my blog exploding in so many ways, along with my YouTube videos and podcasts…so I’m doubling down on my blogs, videos, and podcasts with TOEFL iTP. So, today is the susceptibility to catching colds! Here’s the reading and questions down below.
Another critical factor that plays a part in susceptibility to colds is age. A study done by the University of Michigan School of Public Health revealed particulars that seem to hold true for the general population. Infants are the most cold-ridden group, averaging more than six colds in their first year. Boys have more colds than girls up to age three. After the age of three, girls are more susceptible than boys, and teenage girls average three colds a year to boys’ two.
The general incidence of colds continues to decline into maturity. Elderly people who are in good health have as few as one or two colds annually one exception is found among people in their twenties, especially women, who show a rise in cold infections, because people in this age group are most likely to have young children. Adult who delay having children until their thirties and forties experience the same sudden increase in cold infections.
The study also found that economics plays an important role. As income increases, the frequency at which colds are reported in the family decreases. Families with the lowest income suffer about a third more colds than families at the upper end. Lower income generally forces people to live in more cramped quarters than those typically occupied by wealthier people, and crowding increases the opportunities for the cold virus to travel from person to person. Low income may also adversely influence diet. The degree to which poor nutrition affects susceptibility to colds is not yet clearly established, but an inadequate diet is suspected of lowering resistance generally.Bruce Rogers pbt toefl
- The paragraph that precedes this passage most probably deals with
- minor diseases other than colds
- the recommended treatment of colds
- a factor that affects susceptibility to colds
- methods of preventing colds among elderly people
2. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “particulars“?
- minor errors
- specific facts
- small distinctions
- individual people
3. What does the author claim about the study discussed in the passage?
- it contains many inconsistencies
- it specialized in children
- it contradicts the results of earlier studies in the field
- its results apparently are relevant for the population as a whole.
4. It may be inferred from the passage that which of the following groups of people is most likely to catch colds?
- infant boys
- young girls
- teenage boys
- elderly women
5. There is information in the second paragraph of the passage to support which of the following conclusions?
- men are more susceptible to colds than women
- children infect their parents with colds
- people who live in a cold climate have more colds than those who live in a warm one
- people who don’t have children are more susceptible to colds than those who do
6. The phrase “people in this age group”
- people in their twenties
- people in their thirties and forties
- elderly people
7. The author’s main purpose in writing the last paragraph of the passage was to
- explain how cold viruses are transmitted
- prove that a poor diet causes colds
- discuss the relationship between income and frequency of colds
- discuss the distribution of income among the people in the study
8. The word “cramped” means…
9. The author’s tone in this passage could best be described as
Podcast – Coming Soon
YouTube – Coming Soon
Exclusive Content – Patreon
Welcome back to another TOEIC live coaching session! In today’s episode we’re picking up right where we left off last week. Here are the notes for tomorrow! By the way, HUGE announcement for those of you who want to learn TOEIC on a monthly budget (planning on taking the test after October 15th). Patreon will be going LIVE as of tomorrow and I’ll be sharing the link in the comments, along with my calendar in case you want to get on a video call for a consultation in regards to what content it will have!
With that being said, I will cover Questions 1-6 here on this video and I will cover 7-12 on Patreon. That will be in a word doc/PDF form, too.
For those of you reading this, make sure you tune into my video down below (or podcast) to hear what I’m talking about.
Question 1: Who would NOT be a potential customer for this company?
The heading says “printing for your personal small business needs.” It goes on to say “graduation and wedding announcements, invitations, MENUS (relates to a restaurant).
The answers are: couple planning a wedding, major corporation, local real estate agent, a restaurant in need of new menus.
Now, because it says “your personal and SMALL business needs,”….
Question 2: What could customers who spend $150 get?
Look for the numbers, which are located at the bottom. There are two prices: 100 and 250. For prices over 100, you receive 2 business cards or invitations for the price of 1. For 250, you will get a voucher worth 10% off your next order.
Answers: 10% discount, double the number of invitations, discount on envelopes, two free sets of business cards.
Question 3: What will happen after July 1st?
Above the box, it reads “June-only special offers”. So, after July 1st, what happens to those offers?
Answers: Time the shop opens will change, fax orders not allowed, discount vouchers will become invalid, no bonus given for large letterhead orders.
Question 4: Who would be most interested in this notice?
The first sentence reads: “we would like to invite all Groveland resident to become members of the public library system.”
Answers: members of public library, staff at desk, people who want to borrow books, all residents of Groveland.
Question 5: What will NOT be possible two working days after submitting the application?
– You will receive a library barcode number via e-mail (enabling you to place reservations and access online databases before collecting your card). Note: You will require a PIN to place reservations and to access your record online. Please note that the default PIN number is the last four digits of your telephone number. If you would prefer to specify a different number, please do so on the application form.
– You card will be available for collection at the branch library you have nominated.tactics for toeic
Question 6: According to the notice, what special condition applies to children?
“If you are under the age of 18, we require a parent or guardian’s signature on a permission letter (Form 103) which will need to be brought into the library when you are collecting your card.
Answers:……..watch the video!
Hello, all! Whether you’re in Thailand or in another country, welcome to the first live coaching session — kicking off season 1/episode 1. I’m excited to debut this season not only for a lot of the Thai students who are following me from within these borders, but also the huge French contingent who have viewed my blogs, podcasts and have subscribed to my emails. Today, I’ll be debuting with the reading comprehension aspect of TOEIC because that was the first choice. Next week will either be a follow-up, or I’ll go into Part V/VI, but be sure to rate my following post (for those of you reading on Facebook) and choose.
Basics — Question Finding
As I’ve taught a lot of my students in both TOEFL and IELTS learning, PLEASE do the easier questions first in this order!
- Vocabulary questions
- Specific information (positive)
- Specific information (negative)
- Main idea/inference questions
Just like TOEFL, the doing the easier questions first will give you an idea of what the Main Idea will be in the end. After doing all the easy questions, the main idea should be 3x easier than doing it from the beginning, from my own experience.
Test Tip: Picking out the key words. Anytime they ask about price or anything relative to a number, that’s a huge keyword that sticks out like a sore thumb.
A. Look at the specific information questions below. You can try underlining the key words, but I love locating the key words. I want to full utilize all the time that is given.
Summer Program Refund Policy
The effective date of the withdrawal/cancellation is the date the withdrawal notice is received by the center, regardless of the date the participant stopped attending class.
Withdrawal requests from all registered courses must be made before the second class is held. If the request is received 5 business days prior to the first class, the amount refunded will be the full amount, less the refund administration fee ($25.00). If the request will be the full amount, less the cost of the first class and less the admin fee ($25.00). From the second lesson onwards, no refunds/credits will be issued.
If there is a medical reason for the request, it must be received prior to the mid-point of the program. Refunds for sports and fitness programs will NOT be processed until ALL gym and pool passes have been returned.
Please note that advising an instructor or not attending a program will not constitute a notice of withdrawal.
Cash/check remittances will be refunded by check. Please allow our office 4 to 6 weeks to process your refund. Credit card refunds will go back on the original card.tactics for toeic
- When is the latest the notice can be given in order to get the maximum refund?
a. Five days before the first lesson
b. After the first lesson but before the second
c. Before the second lesson but after the first
d. Just after the second lesson
2. What must people who want a refund on a fitness program do?
a. Give their instructor notice that they can not attend
b. Provide a medical reason for the request
c. Give back their gym and pool passes
d. Give notice prior to the mid-point of the program
For the first question, look for “maximum” refund. Another phrase for maximum refund is “full amount” in line two of the second paragraph. There lies your answer.
Specific details galore in the second paragraph. It could be confusing, but remember the second sentence is the first mention of “refund,” and regardless of a possible medial reason, instructors, programs, ALL REFUNDS will NOT be given until after something is returned.
Welcome back to another TOEFL iBT Speaking segment. Today we’re going to be focusing on Part III, a difficult task for many non-NES speakers (because it’s difficult to follow) and in today’s podcast, we’re doing vertical migration. This was a difficult task for a recent student of mine because he was unable to follow the conversation. However, I’ll show you exactly how I had taken notes (video down below in the links if you want to see it).