Just like a board game, the world is always providing us with instant feedback. We could learn a lot if we tuned in more. One day not long ago, I complained to my wife that the cleaners must have shrunk my pants. My wife gently smiled and poked me in the stomach to inform me that the pants had not shrunk. Something else had expanded—me!
The CASHFLOW game was designed to give every player personal feedback. Its purpose is to give you options. If you draw the boat card and it puts you into debt, the question is: “Now what can you do? How many different financial options can you come up with?” That is the purpose of the game: to teach players to think and create new and various financial options. Thousands of people throughout the world have played this game. The players who get out of the Rat Race the quickest are the people who understand numbers and have creative financial minds. They recognize different financial options. Rich people are often creative and take calculated risks. People who take the longest are people who are not familiar with numbers and often do not understand the power of investing.
What did you learn about your true behavior from playing the game
Some people playing CASHFLOW gain lots of money in the game, but they don’t know what to do with it. Even though they have money, everyone else seems to be getting ahead of them. And that is true in real life. There are a lot of people who have a lot of money and do not
get ahead financially.
I have watched people playing CASHFLOW complain that the right opportunity cards are not coming their way. So they sit there. I know people who do that in real life. They wait for the right opportunity.
I have watched people get the right opportunity card and then not have enough money. Then they complain that they would have gotten out of the Rat Race if they had had more money. So they sit there. I know people in real life who do that also. They see all the great deals, but they have no money.
And I have seen people pull a great opportunity card, read it out loud, and have no idea that it is a great opportunity. They have the money, the time is right, they have the card, but they can’t see the opportunity staring them in the face. They fail to see how it fits into their financial plan for escaping the Rat Race. And I know more people like that than all the others combined. Most people have an opportunity of a lifetime flash right in front of them, and they fail to see it. A year later, they find out about it, after everyone else got rich.
Financial intelligence is simply having more options. If the opportunities aren’t coming your way, what else can you do to improve your financial position? If an opportunity lands in your lap and you have no money and the bank won’t talk to you, what else can you do to get the opportunity to work in your favor? If your hunch is wrong, and what you’ve been counting on doesn’t happen, how can you turn a lemon into millions? That is financial intelligence. It is not so much what happens, but how many different financial solutions you can think of to turn a lemon into millions. It is how creative you are in solving financial problems.Rich Dad Poor Dad
We’ve got the second part of this coming up.
I initially separated these into three parts because it’s long and it’s going to take a lot of writing and time. To get through all 16/17 right off the back, can be overwhelming.
7. Applied faith
(a) Do you have faith in Infinite Intelligence?
(b) Are you a person of integrity?
(c) Do you have confidence in your ability to do what you decide to do?
(d) Are you reasonably free from these seven basic fears:
(1) fear of poverty?
(2) fear of criticism?
(3) fear of ill health?
(4) fear of loss of love?
(5) fear of loss of liberty?
(6) fear of old age?
(7) fear of death?
8. Pleasing personality
(a) Are your habits offensive to others?
(b) Is it your habit to apply the Golden Rule?
(c) Are you liked by those with whom you work?
(d) Do you bore others?
9. Personal initiative
(a) Do you plan your work?
(b) Must your work be planned for you?
(c) Do you possess outstanding qualities not possessed by others in your line of work?
(d) Is it your habit to procrastinate?
(e) Is it your habit to try to create better plans for doing your work more efficiently?
(a) Are you an enthusiastic person?
(b) Do you direct your enthusiasm toward carrying out your plans?
(c) Does your enthusiasm overpower your judgment?”
11. Controlled attention
(a) Is it your habit to concentrate your thoughts on what you are doing?
(b) Are you easily influenced to change your plans or your decisions?
(c) Are you inclined to abandon your aims and plans when you meet opposition?
(d) Do you keep working regardless of unavoidable distractions?”
(a) Do you get along harmoniously with others?
(b) Do you grant favors as freely as you ask them?
(c) Do you have frequent disagreements with others?
(d) Are there great advantages in friendly cooperation among co-workers?
(e) Are you aware of the damage one can cause by not cooperating with co-workers?”
Excerpt From: Napoleon Hill. “Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude.” iBooks. https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/success-through-a-positive-mental-attitude/id381618319?mt=11
These fifteen soldiers are labeled: Definite Chief-Aim, Self-Confidence, Habit of Saving, Imagination, Initiative & Leadership, Enthusiasm, Self-Control, Doing More Than Paid For, Pleasing Personality, Accurate Thought, Concentration, Co-operation, Failure, Tolerance, Golden Rule.
This is the most powerful army on EARTH! This army is ready for the bidding of any person who will command it.
Will you take charge?
Without the aid of a definite purpose the remainder of the arm will be useless to you. Find out, as early in life as possible, what your major purpose will be. Neil Donald Walsh said in the secret, “alot of us think there’s this imaginary blackboard in the sky that god has for us. We spend our entire life searching for this blackboard. However, whatever that purpose or mission is…is the mission we give ourselves.”
Remember, Lincoln’s major definite purpose was to free black slaves of the south and he turned that purpose into a reality. Roosevelt’s was to build the Panama Canal. Henry Ford’s was to build the best popular priced automobile on Earth. Bill Gates was to put a computer in every home in America.
If you can vitalize your mind with a definite purpose and immediately your mind becomes a magnet which attracts everything that harmonizes with that purpose.
The powerful man is the man who has developed, in his own mind, the entire fifteen qualities represented by the fifteen commanding officers shown in the picture. Before you can have power you must have a definite purpose; you must have self-confidence with which to back up that purpose; you must have initiative and leadership with which to exercise your self-confidence; you must have imagination in creating your definite purpose and in building the plans with which to transform that purpose into reality and put your plans into action. You must mix enthusiasm with your action or it will be insipid and without “kick.” You must exercise self-control. You must form the habit of doing more than paid for. You must cultivate a pleasing personality. You must acquire the habit of saving. You must become an accurate thinker, remembering, as you develop this quality, that accurate thought is based upon facts and not upon hearsay evidence or mere information. You must form the habit of concentration by giving your undivided attention to buy one task at a time. You must acquire the habit of co-operation and practice it in all your plans. You must profit by failure, your own and that of others. You must cultivate the habit of tolerance. Last, but by no means the least important, you must make the golden rule the foundation of all you do that affects other people. – Napoleon Hill.
Create a picture of this army and keep it where you can see it everyday. Study these soldiers everyday, by reading my blogs, or by listening to my podcasts.
Through the aid of Auto-suggestion, any person can build a sound character, no matter what his past has been. As a fitting close for this lesson, I wish to emphasize the fact that all who have character have enthusiasm and personality sufficient to draw to them others who have character.
You will now be instructed as to how you should proceed in developing enthusiasm, in the event that you do not already possess this rare quality.
The instructions will be simple, but you will be unfortunate if you discount their value on that account.
First: Complete and follow the remaining lessons of this course, which I make in podcasts and blog forms, because other important instructions which are to be co-ordinated with this one will be found in the subsequent lessons.
Second: If you haven’t already done so, write out your definite chief aim in clear, simple language, and follow this by writing out the plane through which you intend to transform your aim into reality.
Third: Read over the description of your definite chief aim each night, just before retiring, and as you read, see yourself (in your imagination) in full possession of the object of your aim. Do this with full faith in your ability to transform your definite chief aim into reality. Read aloud, with all the enthusiasm at your command, emphasising every word. Repeat this reading until the small still voice within you tells you that your purpose will be realized. Sometimes you will feel the effects of this voice from within the first time you read your definite chief aim; while at other times, you may have to read it a dozen or fifty times before the assurance comes, but do not stop until you feel it.
Auto-suggestion is incredible because it leaves the strongest impression on the mind. With suggestion, you can make yourself sick, and unsick. Don’t believe me? Here’s a story.
In a little town where Napoleon Hill was born… there was an old lady who would constantly complain about dying of cancer – a fear she faced. During this particular woman’s childhood she had seen a woman who had cancer and at the sight had so impressed itself upon this woman’s mind that she began to look for the symptoms of cancer in her own body.
Overtime she felt a little ache or pain, apparently it was the beginning of her long-looked-for symptom of cancer.
What’s even more shocking is that Napoleon would see her, years down the line, telling people, “Oh, I am sure I have cancer growing here. I can feel it.” At the time, she was pointing at her left breast.
When this lady was complaining about this imaginary disease, she would always place her hand on where cancer may be attacking her. For more than twenty years she kept this up.
Guess what? Not shortly after that, she died.
I’m guessing you’re asking yourself what did she die from.
And where exactly was it.
You’ve guessed right!
You, yes…you who have come across this – can be sent to bed with imaginary sickness of the worst sort, in two hours’ time or less, through the use of suggestion.
I’m sure those who are actually reading this around the world knows someone who’s like this particular lady. This is how powerful suggestion is. This is how I’ve even labeled myself as a “black man” and suggested that for more than 28 years of my life – believing that I’m just a crayon in the crayon box.
People place a lot of suggestions on our mind. For instance, look at ‘moonlight,’ the oscar-winning movie that won best picture. This African American kid was called a faggot for the longest as a child. What happened? He started questioning his sexuality, and because he didn’t have a father figure in his life, he grew older and ultimately ended up becoming gay. Why? The students in his class would call him a “faggot.”
See how powerful that is?
More in my podcast!
I first need to tell you a bit about auto-suggestion and how it works (from Lesson Two).
Suggestions is a principle through which your words and your acts and even your state of mind influences others.
Your words can influence someone in a positive or negative way, right?
The way you act can also influence an individual. For instance, look at the sports world where a simple catch, made basket, pitch, and hit can send millions into a euphoric state of mind.
Moving forward….when your mind is vibrating at a high rate, because it has been stimulated by enthusiasm, that vibration registers in the minds of all within its radius, and especially in the minds of those with whom you come in close contact with. When a public speaker “senses” the feeling that his audience is “en rapport” with him, he merely recognises the fact that his own enthusiasm has influences the minds of his listeners until their minds are vibrating in harmony with his own. Look at some of the greatest speakers in human history such as Winston, Martin, even Tony Robbins. They can move an audience, get a rousing ovation, make them cry, and even force them to do things.
Lets shift focus to salesmanship. When a salesman “sense” the fact that the “psychological moment for closing a sale has arrived, he feels the effect of his own enthusiasm as it influences the mind of his prospective buyer and places that mind (in harmony) with his own.
When you’re enthusiastic over the goods you are selling or the services you are offering, or the speech you’re delivering, your state of mind becomes obvious to all who hear you, by the tone of your voice. It’s the tone which you make the statement that’s important more than the statement itself. Another prime example of that is Ray Lewis. People have said that he can get an audience amp’d up by preaching about Cheerios. Literally.
No mere combination of words can ever take the place of a deep belief in a statement that is expressed with burning enthusiasm.
So, what you say, and the way you say it conveys a meaning that may be the opposite to what is intended. This accounts for a lot of failures by salesman who presents his arguments in words which seem logical enough, but lack the colouring that can come only from enthusiasm.
Listen to my podcast if you want more knowledge on enthusiasm!
Enthusiasm is a state of mind that inspires and arouses one to put action into the task at hand. It’s contagious and could affect the people you come in contact with. Have you ever seen anyone who was/is enthusiastic about their job? Big smiles, saying good morning, high-energy, willing to do anything to help their fellow work mates? I’ve worked with only a handful on three continents in the past 7 years, so it’s a quality that not many people possess – but I do compel you to start developing it.
If you mix enthusiasm with you work, it won’t seem boring and monotonous. It can energize your body and you can get work done in half the time without any fatigue.
“For many years I have done most of my writing at night. One night, while I was enthusiastically at work over my typewriter, I looked out of the window of my study, just across the square from the Metropolitan tower, in New York City, and saw that seemed to be the most peculiar reflection of the moon on the tower. It was of a silvery gray shade, such as I had never seen before. Upon closer inspection, I found that the reflections was that of the early morning sun and not that of the moon. It was daylight! I had been at work all night, but I was so engrossed in my work that the night had passed as though it were but an hour I worked at my task all that day and all of the following night without stopping, except for a small amount of light food.” – Napoleon Hill
Here’s a great illustration of how ‘zoned in’ you can be when letting the vital force of enthusiasm push you. Some people are blessed with natural enthusiasm, and others can develop it by doing a simple procedure. Listen to my podcast down below to know the procedure!
I’m bringing to everyone the book that seemingly began to change my life at the beginning of 2016.
Having already read the secret, my life still wasn’t changing. The change ultimately happened after a completely failed trip to Singapore for New Years Eve in 2015 (last time I will ever travel with friends), and the lightbulb went off in my head, “what is it that’s trying to emerge in my life right now?”
Something guided me to one of the biggest book stores in Bangkok at Siam Paragon and there it was: Napoleon Hill’s Law of Success sitting on a shelf, untouched, and still wrapped.
I bought the book which ultimately lead to my first ever podcasts which aren’t available on YouTube, so I decided to make blogs, remake the podcasts, and launch this.
If you’re looking for a starting point in your life, here it is. I’m going to go lesson by less, including podcasts alongside each one, about the fifteen Laws of Success. Here they are as followed…
- A Definite Chief Aim will teach you how to save wasted effort which the majority of people expend in trying to find their life-work. This lesson will show you how to do away forever with aimlessness and fix your heart and hand upon some definite, well conceived purpose as a life-work.
- Self-Confidence will help you master the six basic fears with which every person is cursed – the fear of Poverty, the fear of Ill Health, the fear of Old Age, the fear of Criticism, the fear of Loss of Love of Someone and the fear of Death. It will teach you the difference between egotism and real self-confidence which is based upon definite, usable knowledge.
- The Habit of Saving will teach you how to distribute your income systematically so that a definite percentage of it will steadily accumulate, thus forming one of the greatest known sources of personal power. No one may succeed in life without saving money. There is no exception to this rule, and no one may escape it.
- Initiative and Leadership will show you how to become a leader instead of a follower in your chosen field of endeavour. It will develop in you the instinct for leadership which will cause you gradually to gravitate to the top in all undertakings in which you participate.
- Imagination will stimulate your mind so that you will conceive new ideas and develop new plans which will help you in attaining the object of your Definite Chief Aim. This lesson will teach you how to “build new houses out of old stones,” so to speak. It will show you how to create new ideas out of old, well know concepts, and how to put old ideas to new uses. This one lesson, alone, is the equivalent of a ver practical course in salesmanship, and it is sure to prove a veritable gold mind of knowledge to the person who is in earnest.
- Enthusiasm will enable you to “saturate” all with whom you come in contact with interest in you and in your ideas. Enthusiasm is the foundation of a Pleasing Personality and you must have such a personality in order to influence others to co-operate with you.
- Self-Control is the “balance wheel” with which you control your enthusiasm and direct it where you wish it to carry you. This lesson will teach you, in a most practical manner, to become “the master of your fate, the Captain of your Soul.”
- The Habit of Doing More Than Paid For is one of the most important lessons in the Law of Success course. It will teach you how to make advantage of the Law of Increasing Returns, which will eventually insure you a return in money far out of proportion to the service you render. No one may become a real leader in any walk of life without practicing the habit of doing more work and better work than that for which he/she is paid.
- Pleasing Personality is the “fulcrum” on which you must place the “crow-bar” of your efforts, and when so placed, with intelligence, it will enable you to remove mountains of obstacles. This one lesson, alone, has made scores of Master Salesmen. It has developed leaders over night. It will teach you how to transform your personality so that you may adapt yourself to any environment, or to any other personality, in such a manner that you may easily dominate.
- Accurate Thought is one of the important foundation stones of all enduring success. This lesson teaches you how to separate “facts” from mere “information.” It teaches you how to organise known facts into two classes: the “important” and the “unimportant.” It reaches you how to determine what is an “important” fact. It teaches you how to build definite working plans, in the pursuit of any calling, out of FACTS.
- Concentration teaches you how to focus your attention upon one subject at a time until you have worked out practical loans for mastering that subject. It will teach you how to ally yourself with others in such a manner that you may have the use of their entire knowledge to back you up in your own plans and purposes. It will give you a practical working knowledge of the forces around you, and show you how to harness and use there forces in furthering your own interests.
- Co-Operation will teach you the value of team-work in all you do. In this lesson, you will be taught how to apply the law of the “mastermind” described in this Introduction and in Lesson One of this course. This lesson will show you how to co-ordinate your own efforts with those of others, in such a manner that friction, jealousy, strife, envy, and cupidity will be eliminated. You will learn how to make use of all that other people have learned about the work in which you are engaged.
- Profiting by FAILURE will teach you how to make stepping stones out of all of your past and future mistakes and failures. It will teach you the difference between “failure” and “temporary defeat,” a difference which is very great and very important. It will teach you how to profit by your own failures and by the failures of other people.
- Tolerance will teach you how to avoid the disastrous effects of racial and religious prejudices which mean defeat for millions of people who permit themselves to become entangled in foolish argument over these subjects, thereby poisoning their now minds and closing the door to reason and investigation. This lesson is the twin sister of one on Accurate Thoughts, for the reason that no one may become an Accurate Thinker without practicing tolerance. Intolerance closes the book of Knowledge and writes the cover, “Finis! I have learned it all!” Intolerance makes enemies of those who should be friends. It destroys opportunity and fills the mind with doubt, mistrust, and prejudice.
- Practicing The Golden Rule will teach you how to make use of this great Universal Law of human conduct in such a manner that you may easily get harmonious co-operation from any individual or group of individuals. Lack of understanding of the law upon which the Golden Rule philosophy is based is one of the major causes of failure of millions of people who remain in misery, poverty and want all their lives. This lesson has nothing whatsoever to do with religion in any form, nor with sectarianism, nor have any of the other lessons of this course on the Law of Success.
When you have mastered these Fifteen Laws and made them your own, as you may do within a period of from fifteen to thirty weeks, you will be ready to develop sufficient personal power to insure the attainment of your Definite Chief Aim.
With all of these being said, and how this has drastically changed the outcome over a one year period, join me on this journey.
Podcast – https://www.spreaker.com/episode/11122199
Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, energetic, enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
As an educator, you have to be very passionate about wanting to change the lives of children. I’m not talking about the artificial curriculums being taught all around the world, but more from a spiritual nature.
Since living in Thailand, I’ve seen the vast majority of teachers literally come to work, open a book, sit down and speak in monotone. Not sure where this is derived from, but I can tell you 9 times out of 10 he had to drag himself to work that particular day.
Being filled with purpose and gunning towards your life-purpose in life will instill that unshakable eagerness to get up and continue towards one’s mission.
Even if you’re not able to make a lot of money, like most artists and photographers in the world, you’re already a success because you’re doing what you’re passionate about.
How To Develop Passion
Let’s take a look at our careers, for instance. This occupies the majority of our time, right? The next question is, “are you doing what you love to do?”
- Develop the necessary skills and find time to educate yourself
- When you feel most happy
- Most joyous
- Most fully engaged
- Most acknowledged and appreciated
- Most connected with yourself and others
What were you doing? What were you experiencing? These events are indicators on how to bring passion into your life day-to-day work.
When you start doing what you’re passionate about, you’ll be a magnet to others and attract to you those people in the same vibrational frequency.
I asked myself, “what did I love to do as a child?”
I loved to run, laugh, and speak.
I’m now a speaker, entrepreneur, teacher, and health-guru.
What did you love to do as a child?
If you want to listen to my podcast on this particular blog, click the link below.
Podcast – https://www.spreaker.com/episode/9186860