Over the course of a week, I’ve had these types of fallouts.
- Mentors/coaches/authors chastising me on social media about an opinion
- “Coach” not getting back to my voice message
- Instagram “single & relationship” coach being a complete asshole
- A “self-love” coach literally bailing on the day of an IGTV live, then completely pulling out less than a week later
- Another coach disappearing only to say “I don’t want to do this anymore”
- A “marketing” IG influencer with 22k followers being a complete douche through message
- Other IG “coaches” not messaging me back but messaging other used-to-be-companions back
Do you see the trend here? The majority of these people are apparent “coaches,” yet their labels don’t speak. It’s odd to see these “coaches” being assholes, not owning up to their word, being blatantly rude, jumping all over you for stating the obvious, and being total dick-bags in general.
I categorized them….
- They’re all coaches
- They’re all from IG
- All but one are white (not that this matters, but it’s just obvious)
- All but but are female (even the ones that I tried building the Global Coaches podcast with….were all females except one douche who just never got back to me)
- All through technology
After doing my meditation this morning, I realized that I was in control of everything. I realized that the majority of my happiness was way out of my control. I also realized that i kept checking social media yesterday, likes, views, and if people had messaged me…..only to be a great disappointment in the end. I then began blaming algorithms and fell into a deeper hole. So, this is good news because I identified the source of all my “sorrows.”
If I could shed some light on the situation, I had two of the best ESL podcasts EVER over the past two weeks (amazing guy from the Bahamas and a Chilean teacher)….both of whom are in the same region and are of color. So, I have the Caribbean and South America who’s working to my advantage in terms of IG.
In saying that, what will I do for the day?
- Check social media only in the evening
- No news, no coaches, no connections, no messaging female coaches on IG
- Stay only in touch with my Line application with potential jobs and a couple of close friends
- Drop all projects (because the last coach went AWOL yesterday, that’s obviously a sign that it’s not going to work long-term).
- Communication is absolutely key in having a podcast. I had a joint-podcast with a guy from the UK, but there was no vision and why behind it, nor could we make money from it….but it worked as long as it did. When it comes to women, it could be far more difficult because emotions play a significant role.