Guys, welcome back to another TOEIC language building podcast/YouTube and I’m proud to be bringing you today a very informative blog on adjectives and adverbs. There are some differences between the two, so I want to break them down as easy (not easily) as possible.
Language building: adjective and adverb endings
You basically have “ly” versus everything else in these sentences. Let’s check them out.
- We chose this condominium because the rooms are fully furnished and____________(comfortable/comfortably).
- We have ______________ problems with the pipes below our home. (serious/seriously)
- You are expected to listen _____________ while listening for the exact words in order to become a great transcriptor. (attentive/attentively)
- Our sales have been ____________ good in the last three months. (consistent/consistently)
- The response to the new layout of the office has been __________. (wonderful/wonderfully)
- The contract ____________stated that you could be replaced if you don’t meet our demands. (specific/specifically)
Adjectives – write down five in each category down below.
Now make sentences with two of the words from each category and post them on my Facebook wall.